Cinnamon Puff Cookies


There are certain flavors and spices I associate with certain times of the year. Cinnamon is one spice where when I taste it - be it in a drink, a cookie, or what have you, I think of the Holidays. The way some people are religious about not putting up Christmas decor before Thanksgiving is over,  I can't eat cinnamon any other time of the year. But come time for the Holidays, I can't get enough of it.

If you share my love of cinnamon around the holidays, or just love cinnamon in general, get a load of this recipe.

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
cinnamon sugar (for rolling cookie dough in)

1. Unlike the original recipe, I warmed the butter up enough in to microwave to be just slightly melted, but still mostly solid. I found it sort of exhausting to get all the dry flour mixed in well.

2. Mix ingredients in a bowl. Make sure butter and egg is mixed evenly.

3. Refrigerate until firm. I left mine in for about 45 minutes.

4. Roll into balls. I actually played around with the size of the balls so I could see which size I like best.  Truthfully, I liked the larger one, about 1 1/12 inch in diameter.

5. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes, depending how crispy you want them.

Let cool for a few minutes. Enjoy!

Here's were I found this recipe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Engagement Photos.