Recipe: Garlic Flatbread
4 1/2 Cups White Bread Flour (Plus Extra for dusting)
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 tsp Active Dry Yeast
6 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus extra for brushing)
1 1/4 cup Lukewarm Water
Course Sea Salt
1. Sift flour and salt together into a large bowl. Add yeast.
2. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add 4 tablespoons of oil and lukewarm water, and mix until the dough begins to leave the side of the bowl. Dough should be intact, but can be very sticky, but do not add more flour. Turn out unto a lightly covered counter and knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
3. Brush bowl with oil. Shape dough into ball and place in bowl. Cover with a damp dish towel. Let rise in a warm place for 1 hour. (I let mine sit outside on the patio table. It is currently 80 degreses outside) Dough should double in size.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit/200 degrees Celcius. Place risen dough on dusted counter top and knead for 1 minute. Roll out to desired shape. (I like mine in a rectangular shape.)
(This step can be done before cooking, after, or cooked for 20 minutes, spread the garlic and salt and cooked for another 5 minutes. I choose to cook before. It will turn the garlic brown if you choose to do it before.)
Coat with olive oil, and sprinkle desired amount of sea salt onto dough. Using a spoon spread desired amount of garlic into dough.
5. Cook for 25 minutes or until gold brown. Let cool slightly then serve warm. Enjoy!
If you are interested in sponsoring Slight Elegant, I am offering 75% off Large, 3 month ads. Use the code SUMMER13.