If you've been reading for very long, you'll know that we're definitely big breakfast people here, and it's a common part of our everyday routine to get up early and go eat a good big breakfast. A lot of people don't like doing the same things all the time, and while it's true that Miss Ashley and I like to try new things and be adventurous, we also love sticking to our routine. It's nice to have your baristas know your name, and know what you want to order. It's ever so nice to fill your life with people and routines that you can depend on. So even if you're a rolling stone, why don't you try a little consistency, every now and then? It's good for the soul, you know.
Do you remember the crepes I made that had the strawberry toppings on them from my last post? I thought it would be better to do the topping as it's own recipe because this topping is great on more than just crepes. So here's how you make it!
2 cups of fresh strawberries, sliced
1/3 cup of white sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1. Combine strawberries, sugar, and vanilla in saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally. (You will hear the ingredients sizzle at first, that's perfectly alright.) Using a wooden spoon mash the strawberries to help create the juice. Cook for 15 minutes.
2. (Optional): You can puree your strawberry topping for a more smooth looking topping. I prefer mine with the chunks of strawberries. This is also great on angel food cake! If you are interested in sponsoring Slight Elegant, I am offering 75% off Large, 3 month ads. Use the code SUMMER13.
I'm trying to remember mental images from this flying time in my life. Do you do that? It feels like yesterday I graduated from high school. I feel different from the way I did when I walked across the stage to grab the end of my childhood on a piece of paper. More grown, more mature, and a better grasp at what I want out of life. I'm counting down the days until I walk across that stage again, only this time to grab the start of real adulthood. College is a limbo of sorts, you're stuck between not actually being a child and not actually being an adult. My limbo is drawing towards it's end. This is my last spring semester as an undergraduate. I finish up my final computer science classes next semester, complete an internship during the summer, and walk that short journey to my diploma in August.
Am I sad that this beautiful time in my life is coming to an end? No. College has been one of the hardest things I have done thus far. Feelings of inadequacy crept in often. &…
1. Sally Hansen Mega Shine Top Coat - Not really a color, but it's worth mentioning because I have not found a better top coat that keeps my nail polish from chipping!
2. Essie in the color Wicked
3. Maybelline Color Show in the color Twilight Rays
4. Maybelline Colors Show in the Color Impeccable Greys